We are hiring!
Job Posting: Jackson County Food Council Coordinator
The Food Council Coordinator will be responsible for managing and coordinating the activities of the Jackson County Food Council. The Food Council Coordinator will work closely with council members, local farmers, community members, and other stakeholders to promote food security, sustainable agriculture, and healthy food access in Jackson County.
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings of the Jackson County Food Council, ensuring that all stakeholders are engaged and involved in the decision-making process
- Collaborate with local farmers, community members, and organizations to identify and address food access and food security issues in Jackson County
- Support the development and implementation of programs and initiatives that promote sustainable agriculture, healthy food access, and local food systems
- Conduct research and analysis as needed to identify best practices in food security, sustainable agriculture, and local food systems
- Support the development of a Food Policy Action Plan for Jackson County
- Support the development of a Business Plan for a brand new Commissary Kitchen in Jackson County
- Support the development of a Governance Structure of the Jackson Food Council
- Manage the Food Council’s budget and funding sources, including grant applications and reporting requirements
- Manage the Council’s social media accounts and other communication channels to promote the Council’s work and engage the community.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with local government officials, community leaders, and other stakeholders to advocate for policies that support sustainable agriculture and healthy food access
- Prepare reports, presentations, and other materials to communicate the work of the Jackson County Food Council to stakeholders and the broader community
- Represent the Jackson County Food Council at public events and meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned by Council leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (such as agriculture, public health, or community development) or equivalent professional experience
- Knowledge of food systems, sustainable agriculture, and food security issues
- Experience coordinating and facilitating meetings and collaborative processes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Familiarity with grant writing and reporting processes preferred
- Experience working in or with local government and/or community organizations preferred
- Knowledge of Jackson County and its communities
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and experience managing social media accounts.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Passion for improving food access, equity, and sustainability in Jackson County.
- Reliable vehicle for travel to meetings and partners as needed and valid NC Drivers License
- Phone, computer, and internet available for remote work and communications as needed
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to C. Nicole Hinebaugh with MountainWise: email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until March 15, 2024. Anticipated starting date is April, 2024.
MountainWise, a subsidiary of Macon County Public Health, is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.